Today is Sunday and I didn’t have to make dinner. I was taking my Sunday nap and my hubby came and woke me up with the question “Do you want to come eat some homemade from scratch French toast?” Homemade, I said? “From scratch!”, he replied. I came into the kitchen to see two loaves of Homemade Bread! He then started to cut one loaf to make yummy french toast! My husband can now cook two things, French toast and Homemade French Toast! Get your husband to make this you won’t be disappointed.
First, make your basic white bread.
- 5 cups white unbleached bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (can use honey, brown sugar or any sweetener 1:1)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp SAF-instant premium yeast
- 2 tsp Fast Easy Bread – Liquid Soy Lecithin
- 2 cups hot/warm water
1. Mix Dry ingredients. (yeast is a dry ingredient)
2. Make 2 dimples in dry ingredients with tsp. Squeeze the lecithin into the bottom of the dimples about the size of a quarter. Add water slowly, add 1 3/4 cups and then the remaining 1/4 cup. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. The dough mixer should be sticky and pull itself off bowl.
3. Mix/knead in mixer on medium setting for 5 minutes or knead for 5 minutes by hand.
4. Spray counter and hands with cooking spray and knead for a few seconds to form smooth ball.
5. Cut dough in half and form two loaves.
6. Spray bread pans and place one loaf per pan.
7. Cover pans with dry dish cloth and let rise for 25 mins.
8. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and flip loaf out of pan and place on cooling rack.
Then mix 6 eggs, 1/2 cup cream or milk, a little vanilla, grate a sprinkle of nutmeg and add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Whisk or blend all this together.
Get your frying pan or electric griddle to medium, spray with cooking spray or coat with butter and then dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture.
Cook each side until slightly crispy. We like cinnamon so we sprinkle cinnamon on one side before we flip it. Enjoy!
Remember to enter our Kick off Competition, 1 super cute apron is up for grabs!
Also, if you have any questions or need a recipe just send us a comment!