I love apple pie and I love bread! Mix them together and you have a piece of Heaven.
Recipe for Dough
2.5 cups Bread Flour
1/8 cup sugar (can use honey, brown sugar or any sweetener 1:1)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp rounded SAF-Instant Premium Yeast
1 Tsp Liquid Soy Lecithin (Avoid Mess: dimple the flour mixture with back of tsp and fill up dimple to make 1 tsp)
1 cup hot/warm water **add additional water until all flour is gone and the dough is pulling itself off the bowl.
4 oz cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla
2 Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 sugar mixed with 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Caramel Topping for drizzling
- Mix Dry ingredients. (yeast is a dry ingredient)
- Make 1 dimple in dry ingredients with tsp. Squeeze the lecithin into the bottom of the dimple about the size of a quarter.
- Add water slowly, add 3/4 cups and then the remaining 1/4 cup. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. The dough should be sticky and pull itself off bowl.
- Mix/knead in mixer on medium setting for 5 minutes or knead for 5 minutes by hand.
- Spray counter and hands with cooking spray and knead for a few seconds to form smooth ball.
- Roll dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture lengthwise down center third of rectangle, then add apples, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar, and drizzle with caramel topping.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2-in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling.
- Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Sprinkle with cinnamon/ sugar and drizzle with more caramel topping .
- Bake at 350 for 25 mintues.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack or cutting board with 2 spatulas.