White BreadDifficulty: Easy
This original basic homemade white bread recipe is really what started Fast Easy Bread. The recipe makes bread so simple that literally anyone can do it. Although one loaf is shown in the image, it will make two loafs. The dough for the homemade bread is the same dough recipe for all of our recipes. That is what makes it fast and easy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and mix dry ingredients. (yeast is a dry ingredient)
- To avoid a mess, make 2 dimples in dry ingredients with tsp. Squeeze the lecithin into the bottom of the dimples about the size of a quarter. Add water slowly, add 1 3/4 cups and then the remaining 1/4 cup. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. The dough mixer should be sticky and pull itself off bowl.
- Mix/knead in mixer on medium setting for 5 minutes or knead for 5 minutes by hand.
- Spray counter and hands with cooking spray and knead for a few seconds to form smooth ball.
- Cut dough in half and form two loaves.
- Spray bread pans and place one loaf per pan.
- Cover pans with dry dish cloth and let rise for 25 mins.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip loaf out of pan and place on cooling rack.
- It is very important that you use bread flour. Do not use all-purpose flour for this recipe. You can substitute almost any sweetener for the sugar such as honey or brown sugar at a 1:1 ratio. The Saf-Instant Premium Yeast and the Liquid Soy Lecithin can be purchased in the Homemade Bread Bundle or the Homemade Pizza Bundle.